Monday 7 September 2009

The same old familiar feeling is back again... I really wish there was a name for it, because it's happened so often now and I have no idea what to call it. If there was a word or a phrase fro it it would probably be a synonym of 'life moving on'. The warwick year is coming to an end, and people that were thus far together in one place, are very soon going to dispersed in all corners of the world (which is actually a strange expression given that the earth is round...). When I first landed in England, got the keys to what was going to my room for the year and I opened my first suitcase, I felt alone- homesick, I missed everything that was not with me here. And now when I am shutting off my suitcases, once again I get that same feeling. Only this time the difference is that I'm staying on while others are leaving. Its a strange feeling, because you reminisce about things that you'd hardly heeded when they they were for real, and you miss experiences that you probably vehemently disliked (like walking from tesco to heronbank!), and most of all you miss the people that made it all part of your life. But then as a wise man said last night (Shivi)... "life is long enough for you to meet these people again.. and you most probably will". So well, Amen to that, and I'm leaving for the Duck now.

No comments:

Post a Comment