Tuesday 29 September 2009

10th September- confirmation of (thus far improbable seeming) employment, 21st September- start date... ten days to look for a house and move. So I began my search at google- the first point of information, and after my potential participation in Internet accommodation scams, I finally decided that estate agencies are the way to go... and by the 19th I had the perfect apartment (which is where I stay now). What makes it so perfect you may ask, after all it is in zone 3 of London and clearly not as savvy as what zone one Londoners boast of their places. It does take me 35 minutes on the tube and 5 minutes on the bus to reach central London... and I do have to clean the place myself. BUT, walk out of that apartment... take that bus, and reach the tube station and just round the corner you'll find a small shop that serves the best waffles in the country (better than covent garden ones by the way). That, ladies and gentlemen, is what makes the place so perfect. A perfect warm waffle with thick chocolate smeared on its surface and loaded with fresh sliced strawberries- you know life cannot get better than this.
It was a year ago that I discovered the joy of waffles at the Tocil kitchen: I'm drawn out of my room and to the kitchen thanks to this amazing sweet warm aroma emanating from the kitchen. The culprit- Omer Ali- conveniently standing in front of the toaster removing these delicious smelling but plain waffles and loading them onto a plate. The love began at first bite and has been going steady since.
And now at this tiny Belgian waffles shop, waffles get a whole new meaning.... with their marshmallow, nuts, sprinkles, fruit, chocolate, jam, ice-cream, and so many other awesome toppings. Even though there are no chairs or tables so you have to keep the disposable plates on the trash bin's granite top.... its all so worth it down to the last bite.
And THAt is why my place is perfect :) So there Zone one-ers!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You *must* go to Brussels.

    Even if it's just to taste the waffles.

    I bet you still havent taseted anything like those..

    ReplyDelete